- 2016 – 2021 Strategic Plan Overview (PDF)
- 2016 – 2021 Strategic Plan Goals/Objectives/Strategies (PDF)
- 2016 – 2017 Annual Goals and Objectives (PDF)
WSU Vancouver Vision
Washington State University Vancouver will be a positive force in bettering the lives of the people of Southwest Washington and beyond by contributing outstanding research; expanding access to the highest-quality university education where student success is central; and engaging with community partners to address the needs of our changing world.
WSU Vancouver Mission
Washington State University Vancouver is dedicated to its land-grant tradition "for openness, accessibility and service to people." The campus mission stands on five pillars:
- To advance knowledge through research, innovation, and creativity across a wide range of academic disciplines.
- To extend knowledge through innovative educational programs in which students and emerging scholars are mentored to realize their highest potential and assume roles of leadership, responsibility and service to society.
- To apply knowledge through local and global engagement that will improve quality of life and enhance the economy of the state, nation and world.
- To address the need for social justice, equity and a culture of inclusion in our society.
- To collaborate with partners to build the bonds that unite a healthy community.
Five strategic goals 2016 – 2021
- Goal 1: Research
- Goal 2: Student Success
- Goal 3: Growth
- Goal 4: Equity and Diversity
- Goal 5: Community
An investment in the future
Strategic plan strategies are funded through a mixture of reallocation of current resources, student enrollment growth and philanthropy. Purposeful implementation, communication and accountability mechanisms were developed to keep the plan at the center of campus priorities.
Each of the goals and objectives provided in the strategic plan also has strategies for implementation.
Teams have been developed to address implementation, communication and progress measurements.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Chancellor, 360-546-9589.