WSU Vancouver Information Technology supports the academic and administrative work of the university by maintaining the campus network, infrastructure, and communications systems and providing technology services and support collaboratively with other departments to further the University’s teaching, research, and administrative missions.
Our campus partners
The Vancouver Technology Group is a collaborative working-group of IT professionals from various campus departments with a shared goal to improve technical support, technical services, and customer service to our campus.
The Technology Advisory Council (TAC) serves as an advisory group to the Campus CIO and Chancellor working to ensure that technology resources are appropriate for the needs and challenges of WSU Vancouver.
Our strategic vision and goals
- Improve adoption and use of Open Education Resources.
- Improve accessibility for students' and faculty use of technology.
- Improve the teaching and learning experience for students and faculty.
- Guide campus in using collaborative tools for teaching and learning.
- Improve internal and external communication for Academic Services.
- Increase efficiency in videoconference class monitoring and support.
- Enhance and improve campus networks to ensure they are reliable and secure with appropriate availability and capacity to support student, faculty and staff activities on campus.
- Provide the campus with systems and technical infrastructure that is reliable and secure to support student, faculty and staff success.
- Improve collaboration and communication with Infrastructure Services, Vancouver IT, the WSU Vancouver Campus, and WSU partners.
Tech Support Services
- Provide prompt and consistently excellent technical support across campus.
- Implement tools and systems that enhance the computing experience for students, faculty and staff.
- Continuously improve processes and steamline work load within Tech Support Services and when appropriate across all IT teams.
- Cultivate partnerships with teams, groups and individuals that allows us to be more effective in providing services and in assisting the campus to realize targets defined in the strategic plan.
- Shape the HelpDesk to be the primary point of contact for all IT requests.
- Be good stewards of WSU resources.
- Improve WSU Vancouver security for academic, administrative and financial data.
- Improve WSU Vancouver security for managing, monitoring and auditing IT servers and systems.
- Improve WSU Vancouver security for maintaining, connecting to, using and monitoring the WSU Vancouver networks.
- Improve WSU Vancouver security for individual students, faculty and staff University IDs and access.
- Improve WSU Vancouver security for devices used by students, faculty and staff including workstations, mobile devices and WSU-owned equipment.
- Improve coordination and collaboration with WSU Vancouver administrators, partners and peers.
- Improve coordination and collaboration with other campuses within the WSU system.
- Improve Vancouver IT department efficiency and effectiveness for improved customer service.
Our current projects
WiFi refresh in several locations
Network Operations Area (NOA)
Data Center Project/Network Audit and Analysis
Network Standards and Information Security Review