Access Center staff provides Washington State University Vancouver students equal access to academic and campus-related activities. Access Center staff works closely with other services and offices on campus to provide competent and coordinated assistance to students and consultation to faculty, staff, and parents of students. The Testing Services Assistant position provides administrative support to the work of the Access Center Coordinator.
Access Center seeks to hire a person who demonstrates strong organizational skills, is detail-oriented, is comfortable managing long term projects, and is able to work independently and collaboratively. The primary function of this position, under the general supervision by the Student Wellness Manager will be to independently lead and coordinate testing accommodations and services for students with disabilities. The person in this position independently performs a variety of clerical tasks and assignments such as: overseeing exam scheduling, planning, and coordination of obtaining and administering tests to accommodate various disabilities; maintaining open communication with students and faculty instructors; and maintaining the Access Center database and tracking statistics of all aspects related to testing services.
Confidentiality must be maintained in all matters relating to Student Wellness Center and the students served in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
Please note: This position requires some flexibility with scheduling in that more intensive hours will be necessary during last week of semester, and as a result, there may be some weeks when no hours are obtained.
- Oversee exam scheduling, planning, and coordination of obtaining and administering tests to accommodate various disabilities. This includes accessing our student information system to determine student schedules; meeting directly with students to review syllabi and schedule when exams will be proctored for the semester.
- Maintain open communication with students with disabilities who receive testing accommodations and faculty/instructors to ensure services are effectively implemented. This includes communicating regularly and often with students and faculty. The person in this position will be composing and sending emails to instructors weekly.
- Maintain the Access Center database and tracking statistics of all aspects related to testing services.
- Current WSU Vancouver students not eligible
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to be self-directed and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Must pass university required background check
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to Emma Frieberg, Client Services Representative at email@example.com.