Washington State University Vancouver is seeking a candidate to join the administrative team in the Chancellor’s Office and support the Director of Diversity.
About the Campus Director of Equity and Diversity
The Campus Director for Equity and Diversity is a new position created to support the Washington State University Vancouver strategic diversity mission. The director’s position is responsible for advancing equity/diversity initiatives and goals at WSU Vancouver. The Director will provide leadership to align efforts into a cohesive strategy and use data and research to increase institutional effectiveness. In collaboration with the campus community, the Director will increase recruitment and retention efforts for students, staff, and faculty from underrepresented backgrounds. This individual will also be responsible for leading, creating, and facilitating campus-wide diversity education. The Director will build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships across the WSU system and with external community members and organizations in order to enhance partnerships with diverse communities.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the WSU Vancouver Chancellor’s Office and supporting the Campus Director for Equity and Diversity. This position will assist with a variety of administrative, logistic and clerical tasks related to program development, delivery, and administrative functions. This position plays an important role in the smooth functioning of a busy office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
-Assist with communication including writing and editing correspondence, in-person and phone meetings
-Assist with a variety of office tasks and projects such as:
- planning and scheduling meetings
- preparing and/or distributing notes from meetings
- arranging travel and conference attendance
- tracking and completing travel reimbursements
- reconciling the budget
- develops, monitor and /or maintains a variety of databases and spreadsheets; performs data entry; prepares related reports and mailings
- additional miscellaneous tasks as needed
- High School graduation or equivalent and four years of clerical experience; OR equivalent education/experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, and database management
- Professional experience preparing correspondence, reports and presentations
- Experience assisting in planning and coordinating conferences, events, and workshops
- Experience working in the field of equity and diversity
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service skills
Interested applicants please submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line – Executive Assistant for Campus Director of Equity and Diversity.
We will be reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews early November.