Washington State University Vancouver invites applications for one non-tenure-track position at clinical assistant or clinical associate professor level beginning August 16, 2017.
Primary responsibility is to teach and develop undergraduate courses in computer science. The successful candidate is also expected to participate in graduate education. Other responsibilities include holding office hours, advising, conducting course assessments, service contributions on committees, participation in recruitment events and contributing to our campus diversity goals (e.g. incorporate issues of diversity into mentoring, curriculum, or service).
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field by the employment start date;
• Experience in application programming and Linux/Unix programming tools;
• For clinical associate professor level, minimum six years of recent, relevant teaching experience at an accredited university program.
• College level teaching experience;
• Experience in either numerical computing, software engineering, or graphics are preferred, although applicants from other areas of computer science are also encouraged to apply;
• Industry experience;
• ABET accreditation experience
Please visit www.wsujobs.com and on the upper left corner you will find “Search Postings”. Once you click that please select “Vancouver” for work location and search.
Applications must include: (1) cover letter with a clear description of experience relevant to the position; (2) vita including a list of three references, and (3) a list of the existing ENCS courses the candidate can teach and any new courses the candidate proposes to develop. Application deadline is open until filled.