Washington State University Vancouver and the Carson College of Business invite applications for a permanently funded, clinical (non-tenure track) faculty position in Finance to begin August 16, 2018.
This is a permanently funded position identified as clinical, non-tenure track. The appointment will be on a contract basis (term to be negotiated) with the opportunity for renewal. Duties are assigned for a nine-month academic calendar, beginning on August 16 and continue through May 15. There are opportunities to secure summer funding for teaching or research. An academically-qualified faculty member (PhD and research record) would have a normal teaching load of three courses per semester. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience; benefits are competitive; the retirement system is TIAA/CREF.
In addition to teaching duties, service will include: working with student organizations and building relationships with professionals. Clinical faculty must maintain a research record that meets the College’s AACSB Scholarly Academic status. Additional relevant service to the campus and discipline to advance the university towards its goals and provide distinctive contribution to the academic field will be required.
1) Have a PhD or research-oriented DBA in business with a concentration in Finance or related field from an AASCB accredited institution or similarly recognized international program. ABDs with sufficient evidence of degree completion before the hire date and ability to publish will be considered.
2) Demonstrate evidence of overall teaching excellence (supported by teaching evaluations) and excellence in teaching the introductory finance course.
3) Demonstrate the ability to publish in quality finance journals and maintain AACSB Scholarly Academic (SA) status within the Carson College of Business guidelines.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate:
1) Experience teaching among courses focusing on corporate finance, financial institutions, international finance and/or other finance electives will be valued.
2) Relevant industry experience to support teaching and service.
3) Community outreach. Connecting our students with local employers and internships or coordinating our finance program with community and employer needs will be valued.
4) Knowledge and ability to contribute to the equity and diversity mission as demonstrated by the submission of a statement on contributions to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please visit www.wsujobs.com and on the upper left corner you will find “Search Postings”. Once you click that please select “Vancouver” for work location and search.
Complete the online application and include the following:
- A cover letter addressing each of the minimum and each of the preferred qualifications. Additionally, include a Statement on Equity and Diversity contributions (https://admin.vancouver.wsu.edu/sites/admin.vancouver.wsu.edu/files/Dive...).
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught over prior three years or teaching experience if less than three years
- Provide the names and email addresses of individuals (minimum of 3) who have agreed to serve as references. References will be contacted immediately upon submission of your on-line application. If you have a reference letter to submit (written within one year) please us “other” to upload the document.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2017 and continue until finalists are identified.
For information regarding the application process, please contact, Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding this position, contact Dr. Claire Latham, Search Committee Chair at: email@example.com