Washington State University Vancouver and the College of Nursing invite applications for a tenured/tenured-track position as a health science researcher and educator at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The candidate selected for this position will be on the faculty in the College of Nursing. Rank and tenure status are dependent upon qualifications.
The program at Washington State University Vancouver offers a: 1) RN to BSN completion program; 2) master of nursing (MN) program with specialization as an advanced population health nurse (tracks include nurse educator, nurse leader, and an individualized option) and 3) DNP program with specialization as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or a Population Health Nurse.
Associate or Full Professor will be responsible for:
• Teaching undergraduate, master and/or doctoral students,
• Advising undergraduate and graduate students,
• Participating in research team-building by complementing or augmenting current areas of faculty research,
• Maintaining an ongoing program of research,
• Publishing and presenting research findings,
• Serving on master’s and doctoral committees,
• Providing service to the university community and profession
1) A doctoral degree in nursing or related field.
2) Demonstrated ability to design and conduct studies addressing salient nursing and health care issues related to College of Nursing research foci.
3) Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the reduction of health disparities.
4) Ability to be tenured as associate or full professor or short time to tenure.
1) Clinical expertise, including eligibility for RN licensure in Washington State.
2) Current certification as family or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner.
3) Experience in teaching and advising graduate and/or undergraduate students.
4) Experience with technology assisted education modalities.
5) Experience working with diverse populations and/or students.
6) Teaching expertise and a research focus that will contribute to our strengths in building the scientific knowledge base that will contribute to the College of Nursing research foci.
Please visit www.wsujobs.com and on the upper left corner you will find “Search Postings”. Once you click that please select “Vancouver” for work location and search.
The online application requires: 1) a cover letter discussing education and experience as related to the required and preferred qualifications, 2) curriculum vitae, and 3) names and contact information for four (4) professional references. References will not be contacted until you have been selected for further consideration.
Screening begins April 4, 2017 and will remain open until suitable candidates are identified. Position is available August 16, 2017.