Washington State University Vancouver and the Carson College of Business invite applications for two (2) full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Hospitality Business Management (HBM) to begin August 16, 2018 at the rank of assistant professor.
Position Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Teaching four (4) undergraduate courses, and/or graduate courses per year (may be assigned in fall, spring, or summer) in the area of hospitality business management. Method of teaching courses includes face-to-face in Vancouver, online, and via streaming to Everett, Pullman, Tri-Cities campuses. Some travel to other campuses may be required.
2. Conducting scholarly research and producing publications in top-tier hospitality journals.
3. Serving on internal committees with other WSU faculty, external teaching partners, regional boards, community entities, and academic discipline.
1. Have a PhD in business with a concentration in HBM or closely related field from an AASCB accredited institution or similarly recognized international program by hire date.
2. Demonstrate ability to teach HBM courses, with a record of excellence in teaching and teaching effectiveness with a minimum of 9 months’ experience.
3. Demonstrate record of research published in, and/or current research targeted toward, top-tier journals in hospitality and tourism.
Preference is for candidates who demonstrate:
1. Experience teaching lower and upper division HBM courses.
2. Relevant industry experience to support teaching and service, particularity in the lodging and/or tourism industries.
3. Community outreach. Connecting our students with local employers and internships or coordinating our HBM program with community and employers.
4. Proven ability to work effectively in a collegial environment with faculty, staff, and students, and with individuals and groups from a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies. The knowledge and ability to contribute to the equity and diversity mission as demonstrated by the submission of a statement on contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Please visit www.wsujobs.com and on the upper left corner you will find “Search Postings”. Once you click that please select “Vancouver” for work location and search.
The online application will require the following:
- A cover letter addressing each of the minimum and each of the preferred qualifications. Please include a Statement on Equity and Diversity contributions (https://admin.vancouver.wsu.edu/sites/admin.vancouver.wsu.edu/files/Diversity%20Statement%20Guidelines.pdf)
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught over prior three years or teaching experience if less than three years
- Provide the names and email addresses of individuals (minimum of 3) who have agreed to serve as references. References will be contacted immediately upon submission of your on-line application. If you have a reference letter to submit (written within one year), please use “other” to upload the document.
For information regarding the application process, please contact, Human Resource department at: email@example.com
For information regarding this position, contact Dr. Debra Sanders, Search Committee Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org