The WSU Vancouver Office of Admissions is hiring a temporary part-time employee to provide clerical support. The admissions department appreciates, celebrates and respects diversity in all aspects of our work, and assists with the recruitment of a growing diverse student population. This position will receive, sort and distribute mail, generate and mail admissions letters, and receive and verify incoming transcripts. Responsible for transcript data entry, and scanning and indexing application materials and supporting documents. Utilize Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) to keep records and communicate with department staff. Professional conduct, ability to problem-solve, ability to work independently, and attention to detail is essential. Training will be provided. This is a temporary, part-time position.
- Ability to use computers and software, including Microsoft Office programs and web browsers.
- Ability to organize workload and work independently on large projects.
- Ability to use specialized software, with training, to accurately input, store, and retrieve documents.
- Ability to follow detailed directions and complete tasks requiring great accuracy.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of student records.
Experience working in an office environment.
Solid customer service philosophy and willingness to work in a diverse team environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent attention to detail.
Apply by submitting cover letter and resume that demonstrates your qualifications for the position, as well as names and contact information for three references, to: email@example.com.