The Support and Engagement for Employees of Color Committee nurtures a deeper sense of belonging, community and visibility for people of color (POC) faculty and staff at WSU Vancouver through the following goals:
- Host affirming campus events for POC faculty, staff and students that provide opportunities for social networking and professional development.
- Create a network of support that informs POC staff and faculty of social events and issues occurring in the southwest Washington and greater Portland community.
- Support initiatives of committees, councils and groups working to improve outreach, recruitment and retention of POC faculty, staff and students.
- Assist in elevating visibility and viability of POC faculty and staff across campus units at WSU Vancouver, including leadership.
- Facilitate genuine professional partnerships among POC faculty and staff and the at large WSU Vancouver community.