The Diversity Council manages a grant competition aimed at advancing campus diversity goals. Grant applications should demonstrate how the project or activity will contribute to this objective. Support is available for curricular development projects; campus events and programs; or diversity-related research. Projects that will have broad campus impact are especially encouraged.
Successful applicants must be willing to share their findings and or learning outcomes with the campus community. Applications are invited from all WSU Vancouver faculty, staff and students.
Now accepting: Out-of-Cycle Diversity Council Mini-Grants
- Pavithra Narayanan, Speaker, Dr. Azfar Hussain, "Global Literatures, 'Globalectics' and Emancipatory Interndisciplinarity"
- Dana Baker and Laurie Drapela, Workshop, "Autism and Juvenile Justice"
- Thabiti Lewis, Film Screening, "I’m Not Racist…Am I?"
- Pavithra Narayanan, Speaker, Dr. Vijay Prashad, “A Discussion on Neoliberalism”
- Rachel Reed, Research, “Eugenics and Women”
- Suzanne Smith, Speaker, Lisa Sun-Hee Park for the “Common Read Programming”
- Tracy Tachiera, Speaker, Debby Irving and a Workshop on “White Privilege”
- Kyle Thun, Speaker, Doug Vanderlaan, “Gender Diversity”
- WSU Vancouver Library, Library project, “Preserving the Materials of Student Groups that are on Campus”