The Festival of Lights
November 8, 2017
Great turn out! Thank you to all who attended.
WSU Vancouver's international South Asian community invites you to an afternoon of Deepavali/Diwali/Tihar celebrations, storytelling, dance, music and Indian food. Sponsored by the Diversity Council and ASWSUV.
- "Supporting WSU Students from Foster Care", Amy Salazar, assistant professor of human development; Cheyanne Boyer, human development undergraduate student, April 5, 2017
- "Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City", Matthew Desmond, Author, March 9, 2017
- "Local Action on Immigration and Refuge", Julie Braker, Immigration Counseling Service; Mindy Johnston, Lutheran Community Services Northwest; Connie Nguyen-Truong, assistant professor in College of Nursing, board member of Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization, March 1, 2017
- "Leveling the Playing Field—Interrupting Patterns of Privelege", Debby Irving, Racial Justice Educator and author of "Waking Up White", February 27, 2017
- "I'm a Good Person, Isn't That Enough?", Debby Irving, Racial Justice Educator and author of "Waking Up White", February 27, 2017
- "Equity for Students with Vision Impairments", Mike Mello, adaptive technology specialist, Department of Services for the Blind; Nicole Campbell and Sue Phelps, library faculty, October 27, 2016