CSEJ promotes human rights and conflict resolution locally, nationally and globally. We bring WSU faculty, students and community partners together to foster rigorous analysis of social, economic, racial and environmental justice issues.
Our work includes:
- Interdisciplinary community-based research
- Interdisciplinary curricular innovations
- Research colloquia, conferences, workshops and public events
- Media projects (video documentaries, websites, radio and TV programming)
CSEJ is working toward the following major goals:
- Building research teams to collect, track and analyze data on social justice practices in community groups and governmental agencies in Southwest Washington.
- Creating a social and environmental justice-related research and data clearinghouse that enables community groups to access research on issues of concern to them.
- Integrating community research needs into graduate and undergraduate coursework.