Enrollment management: the path to 5,000
WSU Vancouver has a very ambitious enrollment goal: 5,000 students by 2020. To help achieve that bold target, the university has established an Enrollment Task Force and hired SEM Works, an enrollment management consulting firm.
The overall goal of enrollment planning is to provide recommendations and a roadmap for increasing enrollment and retention.
Enrollment Management Task Force
- June Canty, co-chair, interim associate vice chancellor for academic affairs
- Laurel Rea-Bullion, co-chair, information systems manager
- Brenda Alling, director of marketing and communications
- Giselle Gomez, student ambassador
- Kim Hiatt, associate director of admissions
- Carolyn Long, associate professor in the School of Politics, Philosophy and Public Affairs
- Brian McTier, assistant professor of finance
- Cindy Morical, academic coordinator
- Amy Wharton, director, College of Arts and Sciences
February – Kick off, data gathering
March – SEM Works meetings
April – Leadership Retreat
May – Subcommittee meetings (see list on Sharepoint), SEM Works meetings
June and July – SEM Works drafts Enrollment Management Plan
August – Introduce Enrollment Management Plan
The enrollment planning effort is a joint project of the Office of Academic Affairs and the Office of Student Affairs.