This program is designed for outstanding, independent, research-oriented undergraduate students. Students participate in a comprehensive program in which they learn the academic research fundamentals and complete their own academic research project in partnership with WSU Vancouver faculty advisors.
Research is defined to encompass all forms of research and creative scholarship as represented and conducted by Vancouver campus research faculty.
Additional University Scholars Honors Benefits
- Individual mentoring for scholarship and career opportunities is a centerpiece of the program.
- Like faculty and graduate students, USHP students can check out WSU library materials for an entire semester, without being required to renew them.
- All USHP students will have the opportunity to apply for funding from the Office of Academic Affairs to support the research thesis and/or conference travel to present findings.
- Honors students collaborate, learn about each other's research projects from all disciplines and specialties, and through peer and group work find new connections and resources.
- Students in the Honors program receive guidance, practice, and feedback for making formal presentations of their research in appropriate venues.
- The enrollments in Honors classes are kept small to allow for interaction and discussion with the faculty presenters and honors peers.
Looking for more information?
- View the University Scholars Honors Programs flyer (PDF)
- Please see the University Scholars Honors Program Faculty and Student Handbook (PDF) for detailed information regarding program components, curriculum, benefits and requirements.
- Those interested should contact the Office of Academic Affairs at email@example.com